MyOptique Group [we operate online retail brands Glasses Direct & Sunglasses Shop] are looking for a senior .Net Contractor to join our Web Team. You will be working on the specification, design, coding, testing and deployment of our Sunglasses Shop website and platform, using .Net.
Working with our professional team, you will have the freedom to research and find the best solution for the business within an ever-changing tech environment.
Working together within MyOptique team you will be integral to supporting our mission to improve lives by improving sight – through making eyewear more accessible online.
What you will be doing:
- Helping support and maintain our website across all territories, including our implementation of elastic search which powers our PLP and PDP pages
- Collaborating in and supporting the move to AWS making the site more stable and scalable
- Working on the definition and structure of our Continuous integration / Continuous deployment process
- Making recommendations for development of SDLC
- Delivering new mobile / responsive capabilities, including some ASP.Net admin sites
- Developing and modernising our existing MVC C# .Net e-commerce platform
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- C# .Net (5, 6 years experience)
- MVC (2.3 years experience)
- SQL Server (5, 6 years experience)
- Entity Framework
- HTML 5 / CSS / Bootstrap
- Web API/ RESTful services (2,3 years experience)
- Amazon Web Service or similar e.g. Azure, Google Cloud (1,2 years experience)
- Experience of Agile
- .Net Core
- Migrating from property hosting to the Cloud, preferably Amazon Web Service
- General understanding of SEO
What we’re offering:
- A friendly team and professional working environment
- Work within a forward thinking high growth digital organisation
- An opportunity to work within the global market leading Essilor/Luxottica Group
- A chance to learn more about running .Net in an AWS environment
MyOptique has been changing the eyewear industry since 2004. We were the first company to start selling prescription glasses online. Fast forward 14 years and we are now home to two e-commerce brands: Glasses Direct & Sunglasses Shop.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. They inspire us to push boundaries and to find solutions to problems buying online can have. Our philosophy is rooted in the foundation of our company. We believe in:
Respect & trust
Please note that we only consider applications from people who are eligible to work in the UK.