MyOptique Group [we operate online retail brands Glasses Direct & Sunglasses Shop] are looking for a proactive and ambitious individual to join our Product and Planning Team. Reporting to the Product and Planning Managers, you will be responsible for working with external suppliers as well as internal departments to achieve the first to market delivery of our own brand and Private Label products.
This role offers the opportunity to support the product planning cycle by producing reports related to sales, stock, commitment, intake, markdown and margin. You will also be supporting our product development, acting as first point of contact for samples as we develop our range and Collection.
Working together as part of the MyOptique team you will be integral to supporting our mission to improve lives by improving sight – through making eyewear more accessible online.
What you will be doing:
- Creating and amending purchase orders
- Actioning re-pricing and markdown changes, communicating amendments
- Maintaining an up-to-date delivery schedule; liaising with suppliers on a daily basis, logging revised supplier delivery dates, identifying critical delays and escalating issues to the Planning Manager
- Supporting the Planning Manager through preparation of excel reports, trend analysis and ad hoc reporting
- Preparing and sending out daily, weekly and seasonal sales, expected delivery and % shipped reports
- Acting as the link between suppliers and MyOptique’s Operations Support Manager [who ensure that collections from suppliers are picked up on the correct date, and have the required customs documentation]
- Working with different departments to ensure that suppliers have all the information they require to proceed with, manufacture and ship orders
- Organising sample display, availability, storage
- Keeping the team organized and up-to-date with changes to the product critical path
- Data entry, taking meeting minutes and general administration
- Suggesting better/streamlined/more efficient ways of working!
Knowledge & Skills Required:
Ideally you will have previous experience within a buying and merchandising team. You must have advanced Excel skills [vlookup and pivot tables] and, ideally, experience of working with Navision or similar reporting suites.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Effective communication skills and good listening skills
- The ability to think independently
- A desire to learn and grow
- Strong ability to prioritise and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Detail oriented and organised
What we’re offering:
- Exposure to working with own-brand and premium branded product
- A friendly team and professional working environment
- An exciting opportunity to work for a forward thinking high growth company
- The chance to work within the global market leading Essilor/Luxottica Group
- 25 days holiday
- Pension Scheme
- Company bonus [up to 5% of salary]
- Share Investment plan
- Life Assurance policy 4 x your annual salary
- Cash Health Plan Scheme with Health Shield & their Perks discount scheme
- Staff discount policy for Eyewear purchases (incl. 1 Free prescription pair per year & 50% discount on all other purchases)
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
MyOptique has been changing the eyewear industry since 2004. We were the first company to start selling prescription glasses online. Fast forward 14 years and we are now home to two e-commerce brands: Glasses Direct & Sunglasses Shop.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. They inspire us to push boundaries and to find solutions to problems buying online can have. Our philosophy is rooted in the foundation of our company. We believe in:
Respect & trust
Please note that we only consider applications from people who are eligible to work in the UK.