MyOptique Group [we operate online retail brands Glasses Direct & Sunglasses Shop] are looking for an experienced Glazing Lab Supervisor who will oversee the running of the Lab and managing the Late Shift Team. The Lab Supervisor will be responsible for maintenance and management of our robotic state-of-the-art lens cutting machinery as well as for glazing production and workflow management.
Working together as part of the MyOptique team you will be integral to supporting our mission to improve lives by improving sight – through making eyewear more accessible online.
What you will be doing:
- Managing and maintaining our robotic machinery in order to cut, polish and grind lenses
- Managing daily glazing production to meet targets
- Managing workflow to ensure that targets are met and productivity is optimised throughout the shift
- Prioritising critical jobs
- Identifying and reporting lens/frame problems
- Allocating roles/responsibilities within the Shift team and ensuring appropriate staff rotation takes place
- Managing the team, including completing development reviews and giving feedback, approving holidays, identifying sickness & absence issues and managing them in conjunction with HR
- Leading team meetings and ensuring good communication within the team and with outside stakeholders
- Helping other teams as required
- Maintaining the highest Health and Safety standards at all times
Knowledge & Skills Required:
You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of supervising an optical glazing lab. You will also be able to show that you possess good attention to detail, team management skills and ability to meet targets.
What we’re offering:
- A friendly and professional working environment
- An exciting opportunity to work for a forward thinking high growth company
- An opportunity to work within the global market leading Essilor/Luxottica Group
- Pension Scheme [Company matches employee contributions to 5%]
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Opportunity and encouragement to invest in Essilor Shares
- Life Assurance policy 4 x annual salary
- Cash Health Plan Scheme with Health Shield & their Perks discount scheme
- Staff discount policy for Eyewear purchases (incl. 1 Free pair per year & 50% discount on all other purchases)
- Childcare vouchers
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
MyOptique has been changing the eyewear industry since 2004. We were the first company to start selling prescription glasses online. Fast forward 14 years and we are now home to two e-commerce brands: Glasses Direct & Sunglasses Shop.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. They inspire us to push boundaries and to find solutions to problems buying online can have. Our philosophy is rooted in the foundation of our company. We believe in:
Respect & trust
Please note – we only consider applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK.